There is one specific skill you will probably spend the majority of your life developing.
Its called: Your earning power.
Let me explain.
Let’s refer to your earning power as:
Now imagine for a moment that You, Inc. is a newly listed company on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). The same place where CEO’s go to gain (financial) support, such as:
- Under Armour Inc. (NYSE: UAA)
- Nike Inc (NYSE: NKE)
- Dick’s Sporting Goods Inc (NYSE: DKS)
Just like these well-known companies, You, Inc. focuses (your) resources into the attainment of a goal(s).
In fact, You, Inc. has a public relations (PR) team to promote the best parts of You, Inc.
Does the PR team sell You, Inc. as a growing company, whereby your competition is having a hard time keeping up? Or, does the PR department report that You, Inc. has already reached its peak and is on the way down?
Focus on growth.
A growth company is one that is regularly increasing in value.
You see, You, Inc. is either an appreciating asset or a depreciating asset. There is no in-between.
- Appreciating means You, Inc. is growing in value.
- Depreciating means You, Inc. is becoming less valuable.
But the reality is:
There is no other You, Inc.
And if You, Inc. sees a competitor outperforming, it simply means that the competition is better at applying the Law of Cause and Effect than You, Inc. (As described in the Mental Strength and Peak Performance training manual.)
Here’s the mental-edge that you can apply, starting today.
It’s an almost magical way of thinking, and when applied, will keep you at the top of your game, your carer and your life:
What got you to where you are today,
won’t get you to where you want to go.
Please read this again. It’s worth repeating. And internalizing.
You have to keep learning. Keep doing. And keep moving forward.
You can’t let up.
So as we wrap up, here’s a simple action item to ensure you keep moving forward:
Since you are the CEO of You, Inc., review your previous goals and efforts (per year, per month, per week, per day, per hour, etc) and then set new growth goals, new objectives and find new opportunities to improve your performance.
The great hockey player, Wayne Gretzky, focused on where the puck is going. Not where it was.
So can You, Inc.
Until next week,
Your Team at Mental Strength
(1) The perfect starting point for your rock solid mental game is the Mental Strength and Peak Performance training manual. For a limited time, you also get 3 Pillars of Mental Strength FREE (a $49 value) with your purchase.
(2) To achieve amazing improvement in your life, see Mental Strength and Brain Chemistry featuring Dr. Brittany Rummel who has a Ph.D in Psychology with an Emphasis in Cognition and a Masters and Bachelors in biochemistry.